Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We know who you are...

I’ll keep this blog short tonight.

The funny thing happened to me this morning.  I received a direct message on Twitter from the Lawrence Art Center.  It was a small part of a conversation where I asked them (because I knew that they were going through some changes) what their submission process is.  The person who does their Twitter gave me the proper email address to do a proposal.

I didn’t know if it would be like a blind email to the guy who’s email address that I was just given, so I simply asked him if he or anyone there had heard of me or my photography, which for those of you who don’t know is Chris Ortiz Photography (google it to see some more of my images…but like I said before, don’t steal my images and claim that they are yours to try and impress a girl, I do have the legal rights to my photographs and it is just really sad that you can’t get a girl on your own) and this was what their twitter person said to me.

“I myself have not, but people in the office have.”

I find that pretty awesome to know that my art work has now become, I’ll say somewhat known, in my home city and for something good (trust me, I’d hate to be known here for some of the crap that I’ve gotten away with thus far in my life).  I’ve never had this happen to me before.  It is rather an awesome feeling.

I said this at midnight, new years eve to my best friend Rob, but I’ll say it again.  I have a big feeling that 2010 will be a huge year for me and my photography.

[Via http://chrisortizphoto.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment